Keep it Clean!

I used to feel like I spent too much time wiping down tables, not to mention kids wanting to get out sponges (yikes!).  Here are a couple of time-saving tips for keeping your tables/work surfaces clean and ready for the next class.
TYVEK:: This awesome material (partial leftover roll) was donated to me by a parent associated with the building profession. It works so great for covering countertops and tabletops!  You can even wipe it with a lightly damp sponge.


WAX PAPER::I use wax paper in many ways, but my favorite way is to cover my clay storage boards with it after the students glaze their ceramic projects.  It's just the perfect width for my boards and the glaze beads up on it to avoid getting underneath the pots.



PLACEMATS:: I use dark-colored construction paper over and over when students are using markers or crayons so that we keep the tables clean.  I have larger placemats for painting and oil pastels. I have a flat file full of them, so the kids know right where to go if they need one.  The painted placemats are awesome, because they turn out to look like a work of art on their own or you can repurpose them by painting on top of them or cutting them into strips and using them for other projects such as weaving!


Comments

  1. I love the idea of the large placemats for covering the tables...which can later be repurposed for other art lessons.

    (P.S. I hope your USB drive got up and running today.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm still working on the flash...I've gotten bits and pieces off of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fellow art teacher, fabulous ideas, thx for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are great tips. Sometimes the simple ideas are the best! I am going to start using larger pieces of dark cover paper as reusable and recyclable mats from next term - a fantastic idea. I would love it if you had a look at my blog
    http://thebackartroom.global2.vic.edu.au/
    Thanks,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment